Shear-off-head bolts connectors for voltage up to 35kV. Euroseries СБЕ-35(КВТ)
type : СБЕ-35
By TU 3449-042-97284872-2011
- Designed for connection of cable conductors with voltage up to 35 kV
- The centrally symmetric holes are provided for the cable core in the body of the connector. It helps to reduce losses in the contact connection
- The end chamfers are provided for smoothing of the electric field
- The location of the axes of the bolts in different planes at an angle to each other ensures a large contact patch of the core with the body of the connector and thereby contributes to the reduction of losses in contact connection
- Each connector is multilateral and caters to a range of cable sizes
- Ranges of application of the mechanical connectors with shear-off-head bolts coincide with the ranges of heat-shrinkable cable kits, making them the perfect addition to complete heat-shrinkable sets
- Body material: special aluminum alloy
- Bolts material: copper alloy
- The mounting on core is made by tightening bolts with inner hexagon shear-off- heads. The bolt heads are breaking at a fixed point, providing optimal mechanical and electrical properties of the contact connection
- The construction of the bolts has several groove — stall "necks", so that the breaking of the head occurs on the level or below the surface area of the connector
- Corrugated knurling on the inner surface of the cylindrical part of the connectors increases the surface area and mechanical strength of the contact connection
- The hexagon head of the bolt allows to make installation of the connectors in confined spaces
- The “KBT” connectors have an internal structural septum, which defines the depth of the cable core
- On each connector there is an embossed marking, which indicates the nominal cross-section cable range and the manufacturer's logo
- Recommended for mounting heat-shrinkable kits and for equipping repair crews and emergency services
- The size range of bolt connectors correlate with the size range of heat shrinkable sleeves, that is why bolt connectors has become ideal optional solution for sets of heat shrinkable sleeves
|Name||Nominal cross section (mm²)||Dimensions (mm)|
|4СБЕ-35–70/ 120||70/ 95/ 120||100.0||45.0||27.0||15.0||5.0|
|4СБЕ-35–150/ 240||150/ 185/ 240||116.0||53.0||37.0||21.0||6.0|
Shear-off-head bolts connectors for voltage up to 35 kV, Euroseries, СБЕ -35 – universal cable lugs, Euro series with a galvanic covering and X-shaped (angular) arrangement of bolts with disruptive (shear-off) heads according to the European standards.
These lugs are intended for termination of cable cores of any type (round and sector, mono- and multi- core, copper and aluminum cables) for voltage up to 35 kV inclusive.
Unlike single-size cable lugs and connectors for crimping, bolt lugs and connectors overlap a wide range of sections and can be used for mounting on multiple cable sizes.
This feature led to the popularity of using bolted lugs and connectors in the configuration of heat shrinkable cable kits (terminations and joints).
"KBT" factory is the only one in Russia, which has mass-production not only of heat shrink kits (terminations and joints), but also all types of cable lugs and connectors.
Fully-automated lines made it possible to achieve high-speed manufacture of lugs and connectors and reduced their cost.
Modern robotic system CNC machines ensure consistently excellent quality and accurately verified dimensions of the entire batch of products, as well as exclude the possible impact of the human factor in the production.
The location of the bolts at an angle of 50°, relative to each other significantly increases the area of the contact spot of the cable core with lug, improving the quality of the entire connection and reducing the probability of failure in emergencies.
The hole for the insertion of cable core in the bolt lugs CБЕ-35 offsets from the central axis for providing required strength characteristics in the fastening bolts zone.
The entire inner cylindrical surface of KBT lugs has a serrated relief, for increasing the area of electrical contact and mechanical strength between connector and cable core.
The design provides presence of an internal partition, which determines the depth of entry of cable cores. While installing on aluminum cables, the gear surface cuts into the cable core, destroying the oxide surface layer
Bolts used in this type of lugs are made of brass. Due to this solution, it became possible to achieve almost two-fold reduction of the torque required to break the bolt head, while maintaining the required clamping force.
In contrast to cheap analogues, all KBT bolt connectors are equipped with 4 and 6 bolts (starting from size 300 mm2), which allows to provide high mechanical strength of the connection and high-quality electrical contact.
The special design of “KBT” bolts provides presence of not just one, but two disruptive “necks” with pre-set moments of breaking the heads.
Due to the two-level arrangement of the “necks”, the breaking of the bolt head is always flat, or below the surface of the connector body.
This eliminates the need to sand the sharp edges formed after breaking of the bolts with one neck, and significantly reduces the installation time.
"KBT" bolt lugs are made of a special aluminum alloy with high electrical conductivity and mechanical strength.
All bolt lugs and connectors manufactured by" KBT" have stamped marking indicating the range of sections.